When our customers design their C-Soft consoles, often times the functionality of the designs are good but the appearance has a lot to be desired. Here are some basic tips on how to make a design that has a much more professional look, promotes dispatcher efficiency and operational accuracy, as well as cuts down on visual fatigue.
- Use a uniform style and size on the design, as is appropriate. Avoid mismatched font sizes.
- Use contrasting colors for text and background colors. Similar colors are difficult to read.
- Use symetry in the overall design for a neat, balanced appearance.
- Take advantage of the choices in global button styles.
- Use complementary colors in the design. If in doubt, use a color wheel to choose compatible colors.
- Take advantage of pop-up windows to conserve console real estate.
- Take advantage of C-Soft's capabilities to add image files to the display background.
Two examples of the same C-Soft design are shown below. One is the way it was received from a customer (except the names have been changed).
The second example is the same design that has been modified cosmetically only, except for the addition of mute buttons. The difference speaks for itself.
Figure 1 - The beginning design.
Figure 2 - The improved design
All rights reserved. Text, images, graphics, sound, animations and videos as well as the arrangement of the same in Bosch offline knowledgebase (help file) are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. The content of these offline knowledgebase may not be copied, disseminated, altered or made accessible to third parties for commercial purposes. Some Bosch web sites may also contain text, images, graphics, sound, animations and videos subject to third party copyrights.
This information is provided by Bosch Security Systems ''AS IS'' and without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, including (but not limited to) any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose or non-infringement. While the information provided in believed to be accurate, it may include errors or inaccuracies. Bosch Security Systems will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from use of this tool, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damages.