The following procedure describes how to restore DIVAR IP 5000 ALL-IN-ONE to the factory default image.
1. Start the unit and press F7 during the BIOS power-on-selftest.
The Recovery menu is displayed.
2. Select one of the following:
– Initial factory setup: restores to factory default image and deletes all data on the HDDs. or
– System Recovery (back to Factory Defaults): restores to factory default image; data on the HDDs will not be deleted.
Note: While the System Recovery option doesn't delete video footage stored on the data HDDs, it still replaces the complete OS ( operating system ) partition (including VMS settings) with a default configuration.
In order to access existing video footage after recovery, the VMS configuration needs to be exported before System Recovery and re-imported afterwards.
Notice! Do not turn off the unit during the process. This will damage the Recovery media.
3. The unit starts from the Recovery media. If the setup is successful, press OK to restart the system.
4. Windows performs the initial setup of the operating system. The unit restarts after Windows has completed the setup.
5. After the restart of the unit, the factory settings are installed.
6. After the system has reboot, the next step is to change the BVRAdmin password. The default one is WSS4Bosch.
This article describes all the steps that will help you to create iSCSI Virtual Disk/LUNs after replacing an HDD on a DIVAR IP 5000 AIO.
BVMS Configuration Client which is included with BVMS
DIVAR IP 5000 AIO
Don't skip the Warning Signs that suggest an HDD Failure.
If you suspect that your hard drive has failed and you are contacting the Central Technical Support team, please first consider the mandatory information listed below, which must be provided to them.
When accessing the Operator Client from the Kiosk mode, the camera streams displayed on the cameos show a view that does not match the view from Operator Client running from desktop (Under the BVRAdmin account) or Remote Desktop.
If one of DIVARs IP 5000 AIO is selected on a user profile, the Operator Client opens the site and works fine. One message is displayed when two or more DIVARs are added into the same Enterprise system.
If you already have a DIP 5000 AIO into your Enterprise system and you want to add additional units but you receive the following message, you can solve this by using the steps below:
"Server of configuration database is already in the server list. Remove either the server that is twice in the list or make sure that the configuration database is not cloned between servers."
The purpose of this article is to assist you with the creation of mirrored drive sets in a DIVAR IP all-in-one 5000 Recording Appliance.
This procedure should be performed on new appliances that have not yet been deployed.
⚠️ Before performing this procedure you must aware of the following:
• Performing this procedure on a commissioned system will result in none specific video loss
• Re-imaging the appliance after performing this procedure will result in loss of all data and mirrored sets
• Mirroring must be performed in “Disk Management” and not with the chipset provided in the hardware
• Creating mirrored sets will result in a performance loss of 20%
• All mirrored drives will be converted to “Dynamic Disks” during the mirror creation process
• This process can be performed on a two or four drive units
To ensure the highest customer satisfaction and replace the defective hardware faster and more smoothly, it is necessary to register each system for the specific country together with the system location.
But where and why should you register your device?
This article will guide you how to remedy invalid expansion licenses on your Bosch Divar IP 5000 all in one. Error indication
Despite that the registration of your additional purchased licenses has been completed successfully. The licenses may become invalid after a following reboot. This behavior is caused by switching the MAC address of your teaming interface.