I keep getting a Key Read error 71 on C-Soft or Network Recorder.
Why and what can I do?
The PC has an issue with the drivers for the license dongle, reloading of drivers is required.
- Please check to make sure the donlge USB or Paralell key is plugged into the pc.
- Reboot the pc. Wait 2 minutes after logging into the pc and start the software program.
- If you still get key read errors please follow the rest of the steps to properly install the driver.
- You need to make sure that the dongle is unplugged.
- uninstall all drivers in add/remove programs referred to as sentinel or safenet or SPNcombo.
- Reboot computer.
- Install the latest driver from the safenet website. http://www.safenet-inc.com/support/tech/sentinel.asp
- Reboot computer again.
- Now plug the dongle key back in.
- Now download the key reader application and run it. This program should read the key and tell you how many lines it is programmed for. If this program finds the key then Csoft or Network Recorder should work for you. http://www.telex.com/us/dispatch/file?i=97440&lg=eng