1. Access the APE product page (below). Download and install APE into the new server/computer.
2. Transfer the license from the old APE server to the new one. Technical Support requires a copy of the computer signature from both the old and new servers.
3. Start the APE Configurator.
4. Select Settings > License Activation (see figure 1).
Figure 1 License Activation page.
5. Capture a screenshot of the “Active license” page from both the old and new server computers. Email a copy of both screenshots to Technical.Support@us.bosch.com. The screenshot is recommended to ensure the Computer signature will be exactly as indicated on the page.
6. Back up the database.
Figure 2 DbiTool page
7. Manually back up the database and configuration folder.
8. Import the configuration files and database to the new server computer.
9. Use the APE configurator to import the configuration file.
Figure 3 Active Configuration page
* Note: Before propagating the configuration to the controllers, make sure the old APE server is disconnected from the network.
Note: The new APE server configuration will not be operational until the new license key is received from Technical Support and then added to the new APE server.