The 2000 series panel contains 8 user passcodes and 1 installer code. Each user is assigned a type and passcode. The ‘type’ determines the functions allowed by entering the passcode.
Press 5 at the keypad to change an existing passcode. These steps only change a passcode and cannot add a new passcode.
1. Press 5. The keypad responds: Enter Old Code.
2. Enter the passcode to be changed. The keypad responds: Enter New Code.
3. Enter the new passcode using the same number of digits as the original passcode. The keypad responds: Enter New Again.
4. Enter the new passcode again to complete the passcode change.
Authority to Changing passcodes by pressing 5 at the keypad in controlled by the ‘Change Passcode’ setting in the Passcode area of the panel program. The default setting is Owner and User, allowing all users to change passcodes by pressing 5. The available authority options for ‘Change Passcode’ are described below.
Passcodes are added to 2000 series panels by first selecting the required user ‘Type’ and then adding a passcode.
1. Press 6. The keypad displays; [Enter the owner’s code to modify codes] and scrolls through the currently selected user type for each of the 8 available codes.
2. Enter the Owners code: (default: 123). The keypad responds with:
3. Press 1 to change code Types - The keypad displays: [Select Code (1-8)]. Select a code to modify.
4. The keypad displays the current Type for the selected passcode and scrolls the available Type options. Select a code Type for the user. The default Type for user 1 is Owner and for users 2-8 is Disabled.
5. Press 0 to change the passcode. The keypad responds with: [Select Code (1-8)].
6. Select the user to change. The keypad displays: [Enter new code].
7. Enter new code, the keypad displays: [Enter new code again]. Enter the new code again to complete the code change.