How do I change a personal passcode?
Personal Passcode Change
Your security system provides you with the convenient feature of changing your personal passcode whenever you feel it necessary, without the services of your alarm technician. It is recommended that you write down your old and new passcodes before you begin.
Notes Before Beginning:
The first and last digits of your new passcode should NOT be the same. Care should be given when entering a passcode containing the same digit in consecutive positions within the new passcode (e.g., "3" in 33467). When entering this type of passcode, it is easy to make mistakes.
The passcode can be from 2 to 5 digits in length.
The new passcode must begin with the same first digit as the old passcode. Example: If the old passcode is 2563, the new passcode must begin with a "2".
To change your personal passcode:
1. Ensure that your security system is disarmed.
2. Press the COMMAND bar. The Command Mode indicator lightcomes on.
3. Press the 5 key. Your security system is now in the passcode change mode.
4. Enter the passcode you wish to change. Press the ENT key.
5. Enter the new passcode. Press the ENT key.
6. Enter the new passcode again. Press the ENT key. The CMD light will go out. If the CMD light goes out before completing step 6, you must start the passcode change procedure over from the beginning.
7. Test the new passcode by using it to arm and disarm the system. Do not use any of the Command Center arming commands to arm the system until you are certain that the new passcode is working