Extend Closing COMMAND 51
Your system may be programmed to expect you to arm within a scheduled closing window, which is a duration of time that is programmed by your alarm company. Your system may also be programmed to automatically arm at the end of the window.
COMMAND 51 lets you extend the scheduled closing window time either prior to the closing window time or during the closing window time. Use this function when you expect to stay past the scheduled end of the closing window. The length of time prior to the start of the closing window in which you are allowed to extend the closing window is set by your alarm company. AREA X INACTIVE displays during the time when the command center won't allow the window to be extended.
At the beginning of the closing window, the command center beeps and displays PLEASE CLOSE NOW to remind you to arm your system. It remains in the display until you arm, the close window ends, or you extend closing. Alarm or trouble messages replace this message in the event of an alarm or trouble condition. If the alarm or trouble condition clears before the end of the close window PLEASE CLOSE NOW returns to the command center display. Pressing the ESC key will silence the beep and clear the message for 10 minutes. If you have not armed or extended closing, the PLEASE CLOSE NOW and beep will reappear after 10 minutes. The length of time for the closing window is set by your alarm company. To extend the window, enter the new time at which you would like the reminder tone to begin. This time will be the new beginning of the closing window. The time length of the closing window is programmed by your security company and remains fixed.
When you hear the warning you can:
• Leave before the end of the closing window by pressing ESC to silence the signal, arming the system, and leaving.
• Stay past the scheduled end of the closing window, by using COMMAND 51 to extend the closing window.
Note: The amount of time available to close is not effected by extending the closing window. For example, if your closing window starts at 4:00 p.m. and stops at 4:30 p.m. and you extend closing to 5:00 p.m., the closing window will now be between 5:00 and 5:30 p.m.
1. Ensure that your command center is at disarmed idle text.
2. Press the COMMAND bar. The display shows SYSTEM COMMAND.
3. Press the 5 key, followed by the 1 key.
Note: If you prefer, you may use the Command Menu in place of steps 2 and 3 to initiate this function. Press the MENU key to enter the Command Menu, then press NEXT repeatedly until you reach the EXTEND CLOSING ? prompt. Press ENT.
4. The display shows CLOSE BY ##:## (##:## = scheduled start of the closing window). Enter the time you want the window to start and press ENT.
Note: The window time cannot be extended across the midnight boundary.
5. AM ? displays.
• If you wish to choose AM, press ENT.
• If you wish to choose PM, press NEXT to display PM ? Press ENT.
6. The new “close by” time displays. Press ENT to confirm and set the new time. The time is shown momentarily before the display returns to idle text.
Part numbers D7212B, D9112B, D7212B1, D9112B1, D7212, D7412, D9112, D9124, D9412, D7212G, D7412G, D9124G, D9412G, D7212GV2, D7412GV2, D9124GV2, D9412GV2, D7212GV3, D7412GV3, D9412GV3, D7212GV4, D7412GV4, D9412GV4, B8512G, B9512G