Pressing 5 to change passcodes is available to Owners and Users. How can Users be prevented from changing passcodes?
The ability to change Passcodes on 2000 Series panels is managed in programming under Passcodes in the Change Passcode parameter. The following selections are available:
- Disabled- Prevents any user from changing the user's passcode from the keypad.
- Owner- Allows only owner type passcodes to change passcodes from the keypad
- Owner and User- Allows both owner and user type passcodes to change passcodes from the keypad.
Change the Change Passcode parameter in programming to either Disabled or Owner to disallow users from changing passcodes from the keypad.
When selecting 'Owner' in the Change Passcode parameter, use the following steps to change user codes:
- Press 6 followed by an Owners code
- Select '0' from the menu to change codes
- Select the user code to be changed (1-8)
- Enter the new code, then enter again to complete the change
More information can be found in the Security Systems Owners Manual for the 2000 series panel, Show Passcode Types.