How to manually create a backup copy of a panel account:
1. From the Panel List, select New to create a new panel.
2. Select Existing from the new panel dialogue to create a new panel account from an existing account.
3. Select the existing panel account which will be promoted in a later step and press OK.
Figure 1 Create new account from existing
4. Enter a name for the copy of the original panel account and select OK.
Figure 2 Save the copy with a similar name
How to promote the panel account to a higher version:
1. Right click on the panel to promote from the Panel List and select Open Panel Data – View.
Figure 3 Open the Panel View
2. The Panel Data – View page opens, select Edit in the lower left corner.
Figure 4 Select panel type to promote the original to
3. Select the account type to promote the original account to and select OK.
4. The Caution in figure 5 displays when promoting to the B8512G or B9512G. The box ‘Create account backup before panel upgrade’ should remain checked.
Figure 5 Update Process Caution
5. Select Continue. The process to promote the account takes about a minute to complete.
Figure 6 Promoted account added
6. The promoted panel account is added to the panel list and the process is complete.