One of the most important points to get a reliable and safe working discussion system is to keep both Window and DICENTIS up to date!
During an Windows update it is a very common mistake to forget to enalble update your Windows and other Microsoft products which additional programs are also used by the DICENTIS.
Note: This option can be quickly over looked and you have to enable this function in the Windows Update settings.
Related Errors are:
You will find below some examples out of the Windows Event Viewer which can lead to a software and Meeting Application crash.
Update problems give you an indication to check your Windows Update settings.
If database errors occur in the Event Viewer it could have multiple reasons and one is Windows Update related problems.
In this example is an .NET Framework problem shown which the DICENTIS needs to work fine. A system crash could occur if updates are ignored.
In this example below is showing how you can update Windows Server 2016 if you have an internet connection on your server.
1. Click on the search button Windows Update settings and press enter.
2. Go to Advanced options.
3. Enable "updates for other Microsoft products…" as well as "Defer feature updates".
4. Now trigger the update with " Check for updates". At that point you should rethink how you can maintain.
5. Please check if .NET Framework 4.8 is installed.
If you have an valid SMA please also Update your Dicentis Server and all units to the newest software version.
Please don't forget to Update all Clients with the Windows and DICENTIS software.
6. After that we have to check if the database still produce errors in the Windows Event viewer. Open the Meeting Application and start the Dicentis than open the Event Viewer.
7. Look for MSSQL notification. They can look like this if there is no problem.
Some times a manually database update is necessary. (Manual 14.7)
8. Additional help is described in the manual or under
You can also send this event logs to the technical support for checking.