One of the most important points to get a reliable and safe working DICENTIS system is to keep it up to date!
A very common mistake is to to forget to update your Windows and other Microsoft products which are also used by the DICENTIS.
Note: This option can be quickly over looked and you have to enable this additional function in the Windows Update settings.
Related Errors are:
You will find below some examples out of the Windows Event Viewer which can lead to a software and meeting crash.
Update problems give you an indication to check your Windows Update settings.
If database errors occur it could have multiple reasons. One is Windows Update related errors.
There is an .NET Framework problem shown which the DICENTIS needs to work fine. A system crash could occur!
Below is described how you can update Windows Server 2016 if you have an internet connection to your server.
1. Click on the search button Windows Update settings and press enter.
2. Go to Advanced options.
3. Enable "updates for other Microsoft products…" as well as "Defer feature updates".
4. Now trigger the update with " Check for updates". At that point you should rethink how you can maintain.
5. Please check if .NET Framework 4.8 is installed.
If you have an valid SMA please also Update your Dicentis Server and all units to the newest Software.
Please don't forget to Update all Clients as well.
6. After that we have to check if the database still produce errors in the Windows Event viewer. Open the Meeting Application and start the Dicentis than open the Event Viewer.
7. Look for MSSQL notification. They can look like this if there is no problem.
Some times the Database update is necessary. (Manual 14.7)
8. Additional help is described in Backing up and Restore the DICENTIS Server System (wired)
You can also send this event logs to the technical support for checking.