1. Save the RPS installation files to a folder at the root of the C: drive, otherwise the extracted file path length may exceed the limits of the operating system. Use a folder name such as RPSv6.x but not RPS because a folder of the same name is created during the installation
2. Browse to: http://US.Boschsecurity.com to access the Bosch Product Catalog page display and select:
- Intrusion Alarm Systems
- Software. Be sure to select either RPS Full or RPS LITE as required
- Full Version: Remote Programming Software.
- Lite Version: Remote Programming Software LITE.
3. Select the current version of the software and select Save File.
4. Browse to the folder created at the root of the C: drive back in step 1 and save the file.
5. Make sure the user is logged in with full administrative privileges. Check with the domain administrator when unsure.
6. Disable any Anti-Virus or Firewall software (this is very important).
7. Open the extracted RPS-Installation-Files Folder and locate the Setup file.
8. Right click on the setup file and select Run as Administrator to begin the install.
9. Follow the on-screen prompts.
10. When opening RPS for the very first time, right-click the RPS icon and select Run As Administrator. This applies administrator privileges to the install and is only necessary when opening for the first time.