1. For best results when extracting the contents of the compressed file, create a folder at the root of the C: drive to save the downloaded software into. Avoid naming the created folder ‘RPS’ because a folder of the same name will be created during installation. Instead name the folder [RPS_(current RPS revision)], i.e. RPS_6.0x.
2. To begin the download, browse to the Bosch website: http://US.Boschsecurity.com and select:
- Intrusion Alarm Systems
- Programming Software
- Select the tab: Software Downloads
3. Click on the current version of RPS to start the download. Select the drop-down arrow beside Save and click on Safe as.
4. Browse to the folder created at the root of the C: drive back in step 1 and save the file.
5. Ensure any Anti-Virus software is disabled and that the user is logged in as an administrator, or check with the domain administrator to see if domain policies could affect the install.
6. Open the downloaded file to access the RPS-Installation-Files Folder
7. Right click on the setup file and click on Run as Administrator to run the install.
8. Follow the on-screen prompts.