1. For best results when extracting the contents of the compressed file, create a folder at the root of the C: drive to save the downloaded software into. Avoid naming the created folder ‘RPS’ because a folder of the same name will be created during installation. Instead name the folder [RPS_(current RPS revision)], i.e. RPS_6.0x.
2. To begin the download, browse to the Bosch website: http://US.Boschsecurity.com and select:
- Intrusion Alarm Systems
- Programming Software (be sure to select RPS or RPS LITE as applicable)
- Select the tab: Software Downloads
3. Click on the current version of RPS to start the download. Select the drop-down arrow beside Save and click on Safe as.
4. Browse to the folder created at the root of the C: drive back in step 1 and save the file.
5. Disable any Anti-Virus or Firewall software (this is very important).
6. Log into the PC as a Local Administrator to be sure any domain policies will not have adverse effects on the install.
7. Open the downloaded file to access the RPS-Installation-Files Folder
8. Right click on the setup file and click on Run as Administrator to run the install.
9. Follow the on-screen prompts.
10. When opening RPS for the very first time, right-click the RPS icon and select Run As Administrator. This applies administrator privileges to the install and is only necessary when opening for the first time.