How to share an RPS dongle across the network.
The following is required for sharing the hardware key or dongle over the network.
- A USB type dongle must be used. This includes the D5370-USB (for RPS) and D5371-USB (for RPS-Lite). LPT (printer port) type dongles will not share over the network.
- The computer hosting the dongle must be powered on.
- The computer hosting the dongle must have the Sentinel Protection Server service running. This service is installed with RPS.
- The driver can also be installed separately from RPS by downloading the driver software from the Safenet Support Portal - Knowledge Base: https://supportportal.gemalto.com. (Select Download Center).
- The computer hosting the dongle must not block incoming traffic on network socket 255.255.255.255:6001.
- The computer hosting the dongle and the computer trying to access the dongle must both be within the same subnet on the network.
D5500CU, D5370-USB, D5370-LPT, D5360
Rate this article: