Access the panel log to review events in your system from the command center . The panel log file is very useful when troubleshooting events previously occuring in the control panel.
Reviewing past events may help you identify problems. Viewing events does not require any additional equipment since the information is displayed at your command center. Events are stored in the panel’s memory in order of occurrence and tagged with the date and time.
To view the event history, please perform the following steps:
Using View Log:
1. Ensure your command center is at idle text.
2. Press 9 and then 9 again and then ENT.
3. VIEW LOG ? displays. Press ENT. Note: The Command Menu may be used in place of steps 2 and 3 to initiate this function. Press the MENU key to enter the Command Menu, then press NEXT repeatedly until you reach the VIEW LOG ? prompt. Press ENT.
4. ENTER START DATE displays. Press ENT to view the entire log starting from the most current event. To view the log from a particular starting point, enter the date (month and day, MMDD) at which you wish to start the review. The date and time of the event will display. Press NEXT to view the description of the prior event, or press PREV to view the description of the previous event. Press PREV again to view the date and time of the previous event. Continue to press PREV to view event descriptions and the date and time of each event. Note: When using the NEXT key to view the log, the date and time of the event are displayed first, followed by the description of the event. An event description may take up 2 displays.
5. Continue pressing NEXT to view the rest of the log. When you reach the end of the log, END OF LOG displays.
6. Press ESC to return to idle text.