Can I change the default strike output of the AMC2 controller in the AMS software?
When adding doors in AMS, the software will by default, assign each door strike relay based on the first available unused output on the controller.
Ex: Door 1 -output1/Door 2 - output2/Door 3 - output3,etc. You may want Door 2 to use output 3, 5 or other available output on the controller instead.
Below are the steps to accomplish this:
- In AMS in the "Devedit" section, select the entrance you want to change.
- Click on the "Terminals" tab. The output currently being used will typically be highlighted in bold.
- Double click on the "output signal" in bold and select "not assigned" in the drop down menu.
- The output signal for that entrance should now be blank.
- Next select the desired unused output signal.
- Double click the output signal desired and select "release door" in the drop down menu.
- The desired output should now say "release door" in bold in the Output signal column. Click the save "disk icon" to save your changes.
This process could also be used to change the door contact input signal or the request to exit input signal as well.