Can the focus set by the user on a Bosch FLEXIDOME camera be changed by any external force?
No, the focus should not change if:
- no one interacts with the camera and runs another back focus procedure;
- the position of the camera/lens is not changed;
- no external force is applied on the camera (shocks, vibrations above the values tested);
- the object on which the original focus was done is not moved- if focus is done on region;
If any of the above applies – the initial focus might change.
This camera does not have the auto-focus functionality in the same sense as Autodome / Mic cameras.
- Autodome / Mic cameras will try to find the sharpest image after the FOV was changed – if set on AutoFocus.
- The Flexidome camera has the option to find the best possible focus only from the Lens Wizard – it is a onetime procedure triggered by the user.
Details on the tests and values can be found in the A&E specifications document: