The purpose of this article is to help you disabling the compass character from the Screen Display (OSD) of the PTZ camera via its web interface .
This example was troubleshooted on one AUTODOME dynamic 7000 HD camera with FW version 7.10.0076
This guide could be applied if characters are displayed as in the following image:
1. First, open one Browser and type the IP address of the camera
2. Please check in the camera OSD , if there is a scene with the same name as the compass character. If yes, please rename them.
3. Make sure that everything is disabled on the display stamping page and there are no mappings configured:
4. Check if the compass is off: Configuration > Camera > PTZ Settings
5. If you still encounter this issue even that you enabled the compass display in PTZ settings and this is displayed if the camera is moving around, try to factory reset of the camera.
Nice to know: