What is being done or recommended to address:
- To exchange the battery you need to take some safety precautionary measures first;
- Repair work on the device must comply with the safety standards specified in EN 60065 (VDE 0860).
- A mains isolating transformer must be used during any work for which the opened device is connected to and operated with mains voltage.
- The device must be free of any voltage before performing any alterations with upgrade sets, switching the mains voltage, or performing any other modifications.
- The minimum distance between voltage-carrying parts and metal parts that can be touched (such as the metal housing) or between mains poles is 3 mm, and must be observed at all times.
- The minimum distance between voltage-carrying parts and circuit parts that are not connected to the mains (secondary) is 6 mm, and must be observed at all times.
- Special components that are marked with the safety symbol in the circuit diagram (note) must only be replaced with original parts.
- Unauthorized changes to the circuitry are prohibited.
- The protective measures issued by the relevant trade organizations and applicable at the place of repair must be observed. This includes the properties and configuration of the workplace.
- Observe the guidelines with respect to handling MOS components.
When these safety measures has been taken, you can open the recorder. To open the CTN unscrew the 4 screws marked red and remove the top cover of the unit.
When you look at the main board you can see the battery (see picture below)
- The battery which is used is the CR2032
- To remove the battery push as shown in the picture against the battery holder.
- When done correct the battery will be lifted and can be taken out.
- Place the new battery.
- In case you have exchanged the battery no settings or recordings are lost.
- The only thing which needs to be done is setting the time and date back to the actual time/date.
How to change the time:
- After exchanging the battery and closing the unit again startup the unit.
- Fill in the administrator password
- Go to main menu
- Go to settings
- Change the date and the time.
- After setting it to the right date and time don’t forget to save it.
⚠️ To verify if the procedure was successfully done, please restart your unit and check afterwards if the date & time are correctly set.