Please note that this procedure applies only to BVMS versions lower than 9.0.
Starting with version 9.0 of BVMS, new features and functionality are introduced, such as ID 163693: "Replace a camera without loosing recording". Please find more details in the BVMS - Release notes (Chaper 2.1 New functionality from BVMS Version 9.0)
If you are still using BVMS version <9.0 and you want to replace a faulty device without loosing recording, please follow the steps below.
1. Check the device status in BVMS Configuration Client
2. Use Configuration Manager to configure the new replacement device with a New IP address.
3. Add New Device to BVMS via the CC, do not remove the old faulty device.
4. Go to the Cameras and recording Tab and setup the camera profiles.
This can be achieved by right Clicking on a Cell and copying it to Column etc.
Then Save and activate all settings when you are finished.
5. You can now check that recording is active for the new device.
6. In the BVMS OC (Op-Client) you will see both the old device and the new device.
❗ After the retention period has passed, you can remove the old device from the configuration.