The MegaRAID Storage Manager (MSM) is a Broadcom Inc. software used to configure, monitor, and maintain MegaRAID Serial-attached SCSI (SAS) RAID controllers with RAID control capabilities and the storage-related devices connected to them.
The MSM 17.05.06.00 version has been release to add enhancements, fix bugs and the log4j v.1.2 reported vulnerabilities as per in the release notes 17.05.06.00_MSM.txt.
To upgrade your DIVAR IP all-in-one 7000 (DIP-73xx) unit please carry out the following actions, specified, and advised by Broadcom:
1. Before the MSM upgrade, download all required files to a USB stick:
2. Plug-in the USB stick on the DIVAR IP and copy the installation files. (Assume: C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads):
3. Set up the Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
# Checksum value available in the file:_ _OpenJDK8U-jre_x86-32_windows_hotspot_8u372b07.zip.sha256.txt
Get-FileHash -Algorithm SHA256 OpenJDK8U-jre_x86-32_windows_hotspot_8u372b07.zip
tar -xf OpenJDK8U-jre_x86-32_windows_hotspot_8u372b07.zip -C C:\jre
|setx /M JRE_HOME C:\jre\jdk8u372-b07-jre|
# Expected result: C:\jre\jdk8u372-b07-jre
Upgrade the MegaRaid Storage Manager application
1. Unzip the zip file (assume: C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads):
|tar -xf 17.05.06.00_MSM_Windows.zip|
2. Ensure the files have not been corrupted during download:
# MSM17050600.zip checksum is available in the MD5CheckSum.txt file
Get-FileHash -Algorithm MD5 MSM17050600.zip
3. Unzip the MSM17050600.zip file:
|tar -xf MSM17050600.zip|
4. Run the setup.exe installation file to upgrade the MSM:
.\setup.exe /s /v"/qn UPGRADEONLY=1 SETUPTYPE=Complete"
5. The upgrade will run in the background silently up to a minute. Open the MegaRaid Storage Manager application afterwards and the new version should be available.
Note: A README file is available in the 17.05.06.00 MSM with detailed information about the upgrade. It can be used to support the installation process or troubleshooting.