Short intro and related topics:
One of the reason why UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is enabled in our devices is because ONVIF uses this to scan the ONVIF device in the network. If you don’t need to scan ONVIF devices in the network using ONVIF method, you can switch of the SSDP Discovery Service.
- SSDP protocol can discover Plug & Play devices, with uPnP (Universal Plug and Play).
- SSDP uses unicast and multicast address (22.214.171.124).
- SSDP is HTTP like protocol and work with NOTIFY and M-SEARCH methods.
- "126.96.36.199 " is Bosch Multicast discovery address. When you block this address you cannot scan devices via multicast
1) Solution for UPnP: please disable this in the camera settings, if not used
- when disabling UPnP via cameras webpage, there is no traffic on SSDP to 188.8.131.52
- this setting can be found under
- Network > Network Management > UPnP on/off
- Network > Network Services
2) The broadcast discovery address, for example: "184.108.40.206", cannot be changed. Only the discover port can be configured.
- If you are identifying the discovery scan running every 30sec, this indicates that the Configuration Manager is open
- Configuration Manager has a predefined setting begin a Multicast scan every 30sec, this setting can be disabled in the Configuration Manager settings