How to license Video Recording Manager (VRM ) within Genetec Security Center system
VRM, Genetec Security Center
It is possible to use VRM free of charge (no extra VRM license is required) within Genetec Security Center. Genetec is sending encrypted secret to the VRM server with the number of the licensed channels. When VRM receives and validates this, it can be used for that number of channels for 24 h. A periodic license update is send by Genetec, so the VRM licensing is guaranteed as long as it is used with Genetec Security Center.
Default settings, if not extra configuration is needed or done.
-License for 1000 Cameras
- License update is done every hour
How to license more than 1000 cameras or change the license update period for VRM within Genetec Security Center:
- Open the Config Tool and Launch a Video Task
- Select the Archiver
- Go to the Resource Tab and click on Extensions
- From the Tab Installed extensions select Bosch.
- In the Tab VRM add a new VRM and/or select already configured VRM.
- Click on Advanced settings and add the following parameters
- If you need to license the system with more than the default 1000 licenses – create the parameter with Name VrmLicenseRequestCount and as value put the required number of licenses. The parameter name is case sensitive
- If you need to change the duration of the period between each license request (there is always one license request when the archiver starts) – create the parameter with Name VrmLicenseRequestPeriod. The duration of the period is in milliseconds. The default value is one hour. If the value is set to 0, the license request are disabled. The parameter name is case sensitive
- Press Enter to confirm the entry and then Close
- Press Apply and then OK.
- At the webpage of the VRM one can check if the number of licenses is changed.