Check if your system is performing correctly!
The VRM Monitor is one of the best options to check if the system is recording correctly, providing a quick overview as well as detailed information about all the cameras and storage added to VRM.
In this article you are going to see how to access VRM Monitor from Bosch Video Management System (BVMS) Configuration Client. Furthermore, you will find here some useful information about each section on the Dashboard page.
- Open Configuration Client and login using your admin credentials
- Form the Devices tab > expand the VRM Devices > go to your VRM device >right click on it and select Show VRM Monitor
The VRM Monitor window should appear.
Under the Dashboard you are going to find very comprehensive information about your system. Such as:
- General information about the VRM Server, the Server IP Address.
- The Average Retention time which means how many days can the system record without overwriting.
- VRM Uptime - for how long time has the VRM server been functioning.
- The total bit rate - pay attention at the total bit rate so as not to exceed the hardware limit. If it exceeds the hardware limit, it means that your system may stop recording.
- At the bottom part of the Dashboard page, you can find the graphical representation of the bit rate for a longer period of time.
- Capacity overview: Here you can check the storage available which it can give you a hint whether you need to add more storage or delete some of the old recordings.
- In Transcoders section you can see how many transcoder sessions are available on your system.
- Logs of the system: here you can see the list of warnings or errors in case of malfunctions.