PTZ camera (Autodome IP starlight) doesn't move in Pan or Tilt direction
What can you do?
Upgrade to the latest firmware version and perform a factory default in case the Firmware upgrade doesn't help.
When the issue is still persisting:
1. Check the connected power supply, Midspan, Adaptor/transformer, PoE-Switch.
In general, when to less power is provided to an Autodome camera, the motors will be de-activated while image and Camera access remain.
2.Test the camera with different power sources and cables to make sure that they are not faulty.
Some camera models also support AUX-ON 606.
After sending this AUX command, briefly the connected power-source will be displayed in the live-view page.
3. Check datasheet of your camera for the required power, and apply at minimum the recommended power or higher.
It its also possible to apply redundant power.
See below some examples:
• 5000i > 24 VAC and PoE+
• 7000i > 24 VAC, PoE+ 30w (Indoor)
• 7000i > 24 VAC, Poe++ (High PoE ) 60w (outdoor usage to power the heater)
• MIC7000i > 24 VAC, PoH 90w when used with Illuminators
4. Be sure that the power source is configured accordingly.
For some switches it can be needed to turn of LLDP and/or set a fixed power allocation to the used port#
Also take the following information in consideration:
Too much/ too less power can also cause the PTZ to not work properly.
For 24 VAC, please take into consideration the the recommendations for maximum cable distance and wire gage.
Maximum cable distance in meters (feet) per minimum cable diameter
The following table identifies the recommended transmission distance (maximum) in meters (feet), based on the specified wattage, per the minimum cable diameter (in mm²), when the cable diameter is fixed and the maximum permitted power consumption for 24 VAC is 10%.
For example, for a device of 20 W and a minimum cable diameter of 1.0 mm², the recommended transmission distance is 42 m (141 feet) from the transformer.
Metric wire sizes are standard DIN sizes, ISO6722, mm².
For more information, you can check also the installation manual .
The issue persist even after trying all possible power sources?
This case requires the involvement of the repair desk.
1. You have to fill in the RMA form with the necessary contact details.
Please make sure that the customer number is filled in correctly. You can find your customer number on every Bosch invoice in the right top corner. It should start with 820, 190, 119 or 200. If in doubt, you can contact your Bosch sales representative.
2. Material number of your product (e.g. F.01U.345.122)
3. Serial number of the faulty product
4. Return reason code: R14 - Movement/Control issue (pan, tilt, mechanical, protocol, position)
5. Detailed description: The camera doesn't move on tilt side. It was made a factory reset and the issue still persist. The PSU is configured accordingly.