Where to find the NetApp Serial-Number?
This article explains where to find the Serial-No. of a system. The BOSCH sticker is most important.
For registration and NetApp case creation of the DSA E2700 and the DSA E2800 units only the NetApp S/N of the Controller base unit is relevant.
S/N Example: 18 digits S/N: 404424972027120001
S/N via label on DSA E2700:
- On top of the chassis three product labels can be found:
- Identify the one with the NetApp logo and pick the 12 digits number with the prefix “Serial”:
S/N via label on DSA E2800:
- The chassis serial number is printed on a white label affixed to the controller shelf on the right end cap on the front of the chassis. The SN is identified by the text “SN,” which is shown in the figure below:
S/N via SANtricity System Manager:
- The S/N also is collected in a Support Bundle created with SANtricity, in the StorageArrayProfile.txt file. The enclosure/controller serial number is listed near the top of the file.
- Additionally, the S/N also can be found in the SANtricity GUI