This information may be requested by Central Technical Support Team, as the bundle file is useful for troubleshooting the improper behavior of the unit.
The method for collecting the NetApp DSA E2800 support bundle file from SANtricity Storage Manager App is provided below.
Please make sure that you have the SANtricity Storage Manager App installed on your unit.
1. Open the SANtricity Storage Manager App
2. Right click on your DSA E2800 > select "Execute Script..." option
3. Add the following line in the Script Editor: save storageArray supportData file="c:\supdat.7z" force=true;
4. Go to Tools and select "Verify Syntax"
5. "Syntax check complete" message should be displayed
6. Next, go to Tools and select "Execute Only"
7. To perform this operation, you have to login with your DSA E2800 credentials > click OK > "Working" message will be displayed
Note: it may take a while for the next window to appear
8. Select "Add Security Exception" and next "Confirm Security Exception"
9. You will be prompted to enter the credentials again. Fill in the necessary details and click OK
10. The Script will start the execution and the bundle file will be exported.
11. The file will be downloaded in "C:\"
Nice to know:
How to download the support bundle file for DSA E2800 via WEB browser?
How to download the support bundle file for DSA E-Series E2700?
You can also see the NetApp Knowledge Base: How to collect an E-Series support bundle via SANtricity command line interface
Note: You should have a NetApp account to access the NetApp KB article above.
NetApp SANtricity Dynamic Disk Pools (DDP) technology represents a significant advancement in storage system, data protection and data management. As disk capacities continue to grow without sufficient increases in data transfer rates, traditional RAID rebuild times are getting longer, even up to several days. This slow rebuild results in much more time with degraded performance and exposure to additional disk failures.
This article contains 2 options describing the way you can find the Firmware version of your DSA unit, in case the Central Technical Support team is asking you about it or if you simply want to find it by yourself. Check out this article!
To ensure the highest customer satisfaction and replace the defective hardware faster and more smoothly, it is necessary to register each system for the specific country together with the system location.
But where and why should you register your device?
In this article we cover the following basic questions:
How to Factory Default a NetApp E-Series unit by using BOSCH tools and NetApp WEB GUI?
How to download the NetApp Support Bundle of a reachable online NetApp Storage Array
This article presents what should we check first if Channel 5 & 6 of DSA E2800 are showing as disconnected:
Verify if the expansion slots are connected correctly (page 21)
Afterwards, wait a few minutes until they load up, and only then start the DSA S2800.
Now, you can check in the Configuration Manager to see if the IP addresses need to be changed.
Once you verify that they are correct, you can add the Device in Configuration Client.
This article presents where you can find and download the Firmware for NetApp DSA unit.
Depending on the version you need, you can access this E-Series SANtricity OS Controller Software Link for Downloads.
This article explains where to find the Serial-No. of a system. The BOSCH sticker is most important.
For registration and NetApp case creation of the DSA E2700 and the DSA E2800 units only the NetApp S/N of the Controller base unit is relevant.
Find out from this article how to configure a singe mode VIF on NetApp array. For example if we have 2 (or more) physical interfaces, how to connect them to different network segments and, if one of the segments fails, the second network interface to step in automatically?