This article lists how to configure ANR feature in BVMS and how to set up correctly the iSCSI and direct replay.
Note: Mixing the parameters between the two options 3.1 and 3.2 will lead to issues in direct replay from SD card.
3.1. Set device user password and CHAP password
BVMS 11 and above
For BVMS 11 Set a Global CHAP password.
See detailed guide here:
Below BVMS 11
3.1.1 Set user password for the device
3.1.2 Assign the Global iSCSI connection password(CHAP password). This must be the same password as the “user” account password. Main Tab - Settings, the Options.
3.2. No CHAP password for ANR
3.2.1 Leave the user password for the device empty
3.2.2 Do not assign the Global iSCSI connection password (CHAP password). Main Tab - Settings, the Options.
4. Go to the Devices page
5. Expand VRM Devices node
6. Select the video device (camera) to use ANR.
7. Right-click on the camera and select “Edit encoder”
8. Uncheck the Secure connection checkbox.
Note: If the check box remains checked, the recording cannot be accessed at all and no timeline is displayed.
9. Click the OK button.
10. Click on Recording –> Recording Management.
11. Stop the Primary recording by clicking on the Stop button
12. Under Secondary Recording, for Preferred storage target type, from the drop-down menu, select SD card.
13. The Local target field will display the SD card properties
14. Click on the Save icon (start to format the SD card, if required)
15. Select Cameras and Recording page.
16. Select VRM option to see all recording details of VRM cameras.
17. Under the Recording column, check the ANR box of the camera.
*Option might be grayed out, if camera does not support ANR or dual recording enabled.
18.Click on Save icon
19.Click on the Activate icon
20.Go back to Devices page, camera’s Recording Management tab.
21.Under Secondary Recording section, hover the mouse over the HDD icon
22.The Recording Status bubble will pop-up to indicate that it is recording to SD card.
23. Check the playback from iSCSI and from ANR SD-Card in the Operator Client - on the playback Cameo of the respective camera, click on the Video source icon and choose the ANR replay . For playback issues from the SD-Card, please refer to the next troubleshooting section
Issue: The SD card recording cannot be accessed at all and no timeline is displayed.
Issue: By replay the timeline is visible, however, the cameos remain black.