TSG: Upgrading VRM from 32bit to 64bit on DIVAR IP causes Transcoder to stop functioning
Bosch has been providing 2 types of VRM packages: a 32bit and a 64bit version. Since VRM 3.82 we are only offering the 64bit version.
As all of our released DIVAP IP units started off as 32bit VRM which includes a Transcoder service.
If you do not use the Start.exe included in the VRM Master Installer, you will not be offered the oppertunity to also upgarde the Transcoder.
Just running the Setup_VRM_Service_<version>.exe found in the <Install\Bosch> folder, will cause the Transcoder service to stop functioning!
- This includes if the upgarde is done via BVMS installer.
- Since BVMS 10.0, VRM 3.82 "64bit" was implemented.
- Due to the fact that BVMS does not manage the transcoder, it was not installed.
- Also see Firewall settings: HowTo Configure Windows Firewall Rules, includes PS script to adjust the VRM 64bit and Transcoder rules.
- Download the appropriate VRM version from our Downloadstore
- Run the Start.exe
- Deselect all components and choose only the Transcoder Service
- Click on "Install"
To confirm that the Transcoder is fully functional, open your browser and navigate to the VRM Monitor:
- Log in with you Credentials