Bosch Building Technologies

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Where can I find the customer number & material/ serial/ commercial type number of Bosch devices?

Question

In certain situations of the support process for a particular product, the customer number and the material/ serial/ commercial type number of your Bosch device may be required.

But where can you find them?

The purpose of this article is to help you find this information in different ways.

Answer

a) Customer number:

You can find your customer number on every Bosch invoice in the top corner. It should start with 820, 190, 119 or 200

bosch customer number.png

If you have any issues finding it, you can contact your Bosch sales representative and he will provide you with your correct customer number.

b) Material/ serial/ commercial type number of Bosch devices:

1.The label:

Each Bosch device has a label on the back of its housing. In the following picture is an example of the label which contains the information you are looking for:

2_Where can I find the customer number & material serial commercial type number of Bosch devices.png

Note: Material number can also be found under the name: “Product number/ Product No.”

2. Web GUI:

• IP cameras:

If your device is fully functional and you are not physically close to it, there is an alternative, such as connecting to your camera via the web GUI.

For example, if you have an IP camera, type its IP address in the web browser and go to Configuration > Service > System Overview.

Here you will find the Device Type, Commercial Type Number (CTN) and the Serial Number (SN) of it:

3_Where can I find the customer number & material serial commercial type number of Bosch devices.png

In this case, the material number/ product number for this camera can be easily found by searching for its CTN in the Bosch Security and Safety Systems official page.

4_Where can I find the customer number & material serial commercial type number of Bosch devices.png

3. Invoices:

If you still have the product invoice, this information can be found in the table of the Bosch products you have purchased.

5_Where can I find the customer number & material serial commercial type number of Bosch devices.png

4. Configuration Manager:

If you are using Configuration Manager, you can find the Serial Number of your product under the “General” tab > Version Information:

6_Where can I find the customer number & material serial commercial type number of Bosch devices.png

5. Remote connection, using Command Prompt:

If you own a DIVAR IP and you can connect to it remotely, you can find its Serial Number by following the steps below:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for cmd, right-click the top result, and select the Run as administrator
    3. Type the following command to find out the device serial number and press Enter:
    • wmic bios get SerialNumber

Find the model of your DIVAR by right clicking on the “Start” icon and select “System” option:

7_Where can I find the customer number & material serial commercial type number of Bosch devices.png

Note: This option is also available if you have direct access to the unit.

Version history
    Last update:
    ‎06-16-2022 03:31 PM
    Updated by:
    Contributors
    Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist