Why the Configuration Client shows red cross for MVS when connecting with iOS device?
There could be different causes:
- Cause 1: The Windows feature Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5.1 – Windows Communication Foundation HTTP Activation is not installed.
Search the MVS log file for the message Method not allowed with code 405 within the Bosch VMS server log.
- Solution 1: Activate the Windows feature Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5.1 – Windows Communication Foundation HTTP Activation.
- Cause 2: The HTTPS binding to the MVS is not configured.
- Solution 2: Check if you set the HTTPS binding to the MVS application in IIS.
- Cause 3: The connection to the IIS is lost.
- Solution 3: Check if you can reach the given server-name of MVS in Configuration Client with a ping. If not successful, restore the connection.
- Cause 3: The URI is not starting with HTTPS://
- Solution 3: Set the URI to HTTPS://...
Please also follow the MVS troubleshooting section of the MVS guide (page 18):
Other useful MVS articles: