4. Inventory Management
    5. Update Management
    6. Health Monitoring
    7. Licensing
    8. Video Access
    9. Miscellaneous

General

Question

Is Remote System Management compatible with standalone BVMS deployments (without DIVAR IP)?

Answer

Not at this time.

Question

Can I download BVMS or other log files?

Answer

Not at this time.

Question

Will I need to register / connect every device individually to Remote Portal?

Answer

You can register / connect the entire video system (DIVAR IP + cameras) in one go from the web interface of the DIVAR IP System Manager 2.x service.

Question

Are cameras integrated via Video Streaming Gateway (VSG) supported?

Answer

Yes. Also these cameras will appear in Remote Portal but with limited functional scope.

Question

What is the difference between DIVAR IP System Manager and Remote System Management?

Answer

DIVAR IP System Manager is a software service running locally on the DIVAR IP unit. It is used to setup the DIVAR IP and to optionally connect it to Remote Portal. Remote System Management is a cloud service offered via Remote Portal. In essence, DIVAR IP System Manager, among other things, enables the use of the Remote System Management cloud service.

Supported DIVAR IPs

Question

Which DIVAR IPs are supported at the moment?

Answer

DIVAR IP all-in-one 4000, 6000, and 7000 (73). Prerequisite is to have DIVAR IP System Manager 2.0 installed on the DIVAR IP.

With the release of DIVAR IP System Manager 2.1, we added the support for DIVAR IP all-in-one 5000 (DIP-52xx) as well as DIVAR IP all-in-one 7000 (DIP-72xx).

Question

Which DIVAR IP operating modes are supported?

Answer

All three operating modes are supported - BVMS, VRM and iSCSI.

Question

Do you support distributed systems?

Answer

The solution as well as the current licensing scheme supports all operating modes. It is thus possible to combine a DIVAR IP that runs in BVMS mode with additional DIVAR IPs running in any of the other two operating modes. Each DIVAR IP hereby connects individually to Remote Portal, where they can be grouped accordingly.

Prerequisites

Question

What are the minimum bandwidth requirements?

Answer

Please refer to the system requirements defined in the latest Service Description in the product catalog.

Question

Do the cameras need to have internet access as well?

Answer

No. It is sufficient that the DIVAR IP has internet access. The cameras are technically never connected to Remote Portal but only communicate locally to the DIVAR IP which manages the communication towards and from the Remote Portal.

Question

How do I register my DIVAR IP in Remote Portal?

Answer

Please refer to the Application Note "DIVAR IP all-in-one Remote Portal connectivity", which can be found in the product catalog or the latest training in our Academy. Alternatively, we also have a YouTube playlist covering the entire journey from setting up the DIVAR IP to using the Remote System Management service.

Inventory Management

Question

Can I generate Inventory Reports for multiple systems at once?

Answer

Yes.

Update Management

Question

Are Windows operating system updates supported?

Answer

We only show the installed Windows version in Remote Portal. For updates of the operating system we recommend using Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).

Question

Is it possible to update clients remotely that run on a workstation?

Answer

Not at this time. Only client running on the DIVAR IP itself can be updated. This update functionality is limited to patches only at the moment.

Question

Are BVMS upgrades supported?

Answer

At the moment, we do not support BVMS upgrades. However, BVMS patches and updates for DIVAR IP software components are possible to be rolled out via Remote Portal with just few clicks. Once the BVMS license handling is integrated into the Remote System Management service capabilities, we plan to also support BVMS upgrades via Remote Portal.

Health Monitoring

Question

Why do I not receive health information for the DIVAR IP?

Answer

In order to monitor the hardware health of the DIVAR IP, the SuperDoctor service needs to run on the DIVAR IP. To start the SuperDoctor service you need to run script that you can find here: DIVAR IP Windows Desktop > Tools folder. Once the service is up and running we require you to also change the default password of the SuperDoctor service.

Explicitly starting the SuperDoctor service will be required after the initial installation of DIVAR IP System Manager on every DIVAR IP.

If the SuperDoctor service is not running, the health icon of the specific DIVAR IP in Remote Portal will be colored red and its VALUE is depicted as DOWN.

Central_Support_0-1692283245698.png

Note: only critical event will trigger email alerts

Licensing

Question

Will I receive a notification that my Remote System Management license will expire?

Answer

All administrators of a company account in Remote Portal will receive an email notification 60 days  prior to license expiration (for yearly licenses). This applies to any cloud service activated in Remote Portal.

Question

Can the service also notify me about expiring Software Maintenance Agreements?

Answer

Not yet. Licensing notifications are currently limited to cloud services licenses only.

Question

What is the relation between the Software Assurance  (SMA) and Remote System Management (RSM)?

Answer

SMA and RSM are independent.

Question

Can Remote System Management Licenses be transferred, e.g. if a DIVAR IP unit needs to be replaced?

Answer

Yes. The license can be returned to the cloud service license pool in the "Service Licensing" section and then consumed by any other DIVAR IP that is of the same model / family - 4000/5000/6000/7000.

Question

Is the licensing realized on channel level or DIVAR IP / system level?

Answer

Licensing is realized on DIVAR IP level | one DIVAR IP = one license. If you operate your DIVAR IP in BVMS mode, it will automatically license/support all connected cameras.

Video Access

Question

Can I access video?

Answer

The connection from the DIVAR IP to Remote Portal is based on the MQTTS protocol which does not support the transport of video or image data. The separation of "maintenance data"  and "video data" has been defined in that way to allow for 24/7 health monitoring of the system without the risk of unauthorized video access.

Question

In addition to having cameras appear in Remote Portal via the DIVAR IP connection, can I add cameras as well directly in order to access them via Video Security Client or Configuration Manager?

Answer

x.png This scenario is not supported and might lead to unexpected side effects. We are working on a solution to also support video and configuration access.

Miscellaneous

Question

AZENA: Is the "Installed Apps" service in Remote Portal supported for INTEOX cameras connected via DIVAR IP? 

Answer

This is not the case at the moment.

Version history
    Last update:
    ‎08-17-2023 04:44 PM
    Updated by:
    Contributors
    Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist