What are Point Indexes and how are they used to program points on D7212, D7412 or D9412 G-GV4 panel types?
How to program the D7212, G, GV2, GV3 or GV4
How to program the D7412, G, GV2, GV3 or GV4
How to program the D9412, G, GV2, GV3 or GV4
How to arm or disarm a single area using a keypad with scope in all areas.
When all areas are disarmed, associate areas can be armed independantly. But when attempting to disarm, associate areas keep rearming instead of disarming.
The keypad displays the Access Module Door Point is in trouble. Diagnostics displays the point as missing.
T+ (Tamper Input) of the Access Module is an unsupervised input that is normal when open. Upon a short, the Door Point number assigned to the supervised zone of the Access Module is reported as a MISSING PT###.
How does the FIRE TEST COMMAND 58 feature function?
• Use this function to test fire points and other 24-hour points to be certain they function properly. You can review both the tested and untested points at your command center to help pinpoint any problems.
• Upon initiation, the fire test will test the fire bell pattern on the bell output and ring the command center fire bell for 2 seconds. The AC will be disabled for 4 minutes in order to test the system’s battery power. If the battery cannot maintain the system for the 4 minute period, the command center will appear to go dead. If this happens, contact your security company. At the end of the 4 minute period, AC is returned to the system and the panel restores. A message will be sent to your security company upon initiation and completion of the Fire Test. During the Fire Test, no 24-hour alarms will be sent to your security company.
• If there is no activity on the system for 20 minutes, the system will automatically exit from the Fire Test.
Using COMMAND 58:
1. Ensure your command center is at disarmed idle text.
2. Press the COMMAND bar. The display shows SYSTEM COMMAND.
3. Press the 5 key, then press the 8 key.
Note: If you prefer, you may use the Command Menu in place of steps 2 and 3 to initiate this function. Press the MENU key to enter the Command Menu, then press NEXT repeatedly until you reach the FIRE TEST ? prompt. Press ENT.
4. The display shows ## PTS TO TEST.
5. One-at-a-time, activate the detection devices to fault each point.
6. As you fault each point, your command center will display the point text for 60 seconds and ring the fire sounders for 2 seconds. This verifies that the detection device is working properly. Your system automatically resets smoke detectors.
• When a resettable point (such as a smoke detector) is faulted, the display shows SENSOR RESETTING for 5 seconds. During this time power is removed from smoke power relays.
• Faulting a point more than once does not increment the test count. However, the command center emits a brief tone and displays the point text each time you fault the point allowing you to test multiple devices assigned to one point.
7. When all 24-hour points have been tested, 0 PTS TO TEST is displayed. Press ESC. The display momentarily shows ALL PTS TESTED before returning to idle text.
8. During the Fire Test you may want to see the points that remain untested. When point text is displayed, press ESC. The display shows ## PTS TO TEST. Press the ESC key. VIEW UNTESTED ? is displayed. Press ENT. ## PTS UNTESTED is displayed. Press NEXT to see a list of the points that have not yet been tested. Move through this list by pressing the NEXT key. To resume the Fire Test, press ESC. ## PTS UNTESTED is displayed. Press ESC. ## PTS TO TEST is displayed. Resume testing points. To end the Fire Test, press ESC twice.
What would cause the LED to flash?
Here is a list of possible reasons for the DS774Z Red LED to flash.
Flashing 2 times is a Motion Monitor Timeout
Flashing 3 times Antimask Detection
Flashing 4 times PIR Self test failure
Flashing 5 times Low Input Power or Relay Failure
How to determine the values to enter for the Poll Rate and Ack Wait Time.
Note: The calculation described is only be required on legacy control panels. The B8512G/B9512G and GV4 types only need a Receiver Supervision Time selection. The Poll Rate, Ack Wait and Retry count will automatically populate.
The formula for determining Poll Rate and Ack Wait Time is as follows:
Panel setting: Poll Rate + Ack Wait + ( Retry Count X Ack Wait)
Receiver setting: Panel Poll + Ack Wait
Panel setting = Receiver setting
Example: Panel Setting: Poll Rate = 240; Ack Wait = 10; Retry Count = 5 Panel setting: 240+10+ (5 X 10) = 300
Receiver Settings: Poll = 240; Ack = 60 Receiver setting: 240 + 60 = 300
300 = 300 Refer to the the following site for more information on setting up Conettix Devices