1. Bosch control panels have the ability to synchronize time while sending reports when communicating with the receiver over an Ethernet or Cellular connection. Accurate time sync requires correct configuration of the control panel as well as the receiver.
2. Time synchronization is achieved either by the receiver ‘pushing’ time to the panel, or by the panel ‘pulling’ time from the receiver.
Figure 1 Set Time Sync=0 for B8512G, B9512G, B-panels and GV4 ver2+
How to configure the receiver for UTC Time Zone, Daylight Savings Time (DST) and proper country.
1. Access the CPU Configuration Management page.
Figure 2 Access the CPU Configuration Management page
2. Set item 2.2.3 for the proper country code (see figure 3 below).
a. 1 = USA
b. 2 = Europe.
3. Set item 2.2.32 for the receiver’s correct local time zone (see figure 3 below). Note that entries are made as positive or negative values. E.g. Eastern Time (US & Canada) is [ - 5 ] and not simply [ 5 ].
4. Set item 2.2.39 for the starting week of Daylight Savings Time (DST) (see figure 3 below).
5. Set item 2.2.40 for the ending week of Daylight Savings Time (DST) (see figure 3 below).
Figure 3 CPU Configuration, Global settings
How to configure Time Sync in D7212, D7412, D9412, G/GV2/GV3/GV4 version 1.x control panels:
1. Time synchronization is controlled in the network account of the receiver selection. Enable or disable with a selection for Time Sync as described below (see figure 4 below).
Figure 4 Enable/Disable Time Sync in the network account
2. Configure Daylight Savings Time (DST) in the control panel to match the receiver configuration. If the receiver is configured to observe DST then all reporting panels must also observe DST and vice versa. Note that the current hour or date in the control panel are not changed using this method of time sync.
Figure 5 Enable or Disable DST GV3 v8.10+ or GV4 v1.x
Figure 6 Adjust Time Forward or Backward
How to configure Time Synchronization with GV4 version 2+, B8512G, B9512G and B-panels:
1. Enable Time sync by selecting Time Synchronization= YES in the panel program under Panel Wide Parameters > Communicator.
Figure 7 Time Synchronization selection
2. Access Panel Wide Parameters > Miscellaneous and Daylight Savings time and Time Zone.
3. Select the correct DST entry for the location of the control panel. If the receiver is configured to observe DST then all reporting panels must also observe DST and vice versa.
4. Select the proper local UTC time zone for the location of the control panel (see figure 8).
Figure 8 Set DST and UTC Time Zone