The keypad displays the Access Module Door Point is in trouble. Diagnostics displays the point as missing.
T+ (Tamper Input) of the Access Module is an unsupervised input that is normal when open. Upon a short, the Door Point number assigned to the supervised zone of the Access Module is reported as a MISSING PT###.
How does the FIRE TEST COMMAND 58 feature function?
• Use this function to test fire points and other 24-hour points to be certain they function properly. You can review both the tested and untested points at your command center to help pinpoint any problems.
• Upon initiation, the fire test will test the fire bell pattern on the bell output and ring the command center fire bell for 2 seconds. The AC will be disabled for 4 minutes in order to test the system’s battery power. If the battery cannot maintain the system for the 4 minute period, the command center will appear to go dead. If this happens, contact your security company. At the end of the 4 minute period, AC is returned to the system and the panel restores. A message will be sent to your security company upon initiation and completion of the Fire Test. During the Fire Test, no 24-hour alarms will be sent to your security company.
• If there is no activity on the system for 20 minutes, the system will automatically exit from the Fire Test.
Using COMMAND 58:
1. Ensure your command center is at disarmed idle text.
2. Press the COMMAND bar. The display shows SYSTEM COMMAND.
3. Press the 5 key, then press the 8 key.
Note: If you prefer, you may use the Command Menu in place of steps 2 and 3 to initiate this function. Press the MENU key to enter the Command Menu, then press NEXT repeatedly until you reach the FIRE TEST ? prompt. Press ENT.
4. The display shows ## PTS TO TEST.
5. One-at-a-time, activate the detection devices to fault each point.
6. As you fault each point, your command center will display the point text for 60 seconds and ring the fire sounders for 2 seconds. This verifies that the detection device is working properly. Your system automatically resets smoke detectors.
• When a resettable point (such as a smoke detector) is faulted, the display shows SENSOR RESETTING for 5 seconds. During this time power is removed from smoke power relays.
• Faulting a point more than once does not increment the test count. However, the command center emits a brief tone and displays the point text each time you fault the point allowing you to test multiple devices assigned to one point.
7. When all 24-hour points have been tested, 0 PTS TO TEST is displayed. Press ESC. The display momentarily shows ALL PTS TESTED before returning to idle text.
8. During the Fire Test you may want to see the points that remain untested. When point text is displayed, press ESC. The display shows ## PTS TO TEST. Press the ESC key. VIEW UNTESTED ? is displayed. Press ENT. ## PTS UNTESTED is displayed. Press NEXT to see a list of the points that have not yet been tested. Move through this list by pressing the NEXT key. To resume the Fire Test, press ESC. ## PTS UNTESTED is displayed. Press ESC. ## PTS TO TEST is displayed. Resume testing points. To end the Fire Test, press ESC twice.
The FA113 will not arm the panel if it was disarmed from the keypad and will not disarm if panel was armed from the keypad
Used as an arm/disarm device, the FA113 is configured to panel zone 74 or 194. Pressing the FA113 Off button sends an OPEN signal to the control panel and pressing the On button sends a NORMAL signal to the control panel.
The area should be both Armed and Disarmed by the FA113 for it to function correctly. When the arming state is changed by the FA113, then by another means, the FA113 becomes unable to detect the current armed state of the area and will not respond to the keys pressed.
Correct settings for FA113:
The transition of the state of point 74 is what causes the area to arm or disarm. • Mode in the D8125INV is set to 4. • Keyswitch Maintained point (Point Type 4) with Point Response 2, is required for the FA113. • Area will arm with a transition from open to normal on point 74. • Area will disarm with a transition from normal to open on point 74. The FA113 is also used for panic on point 75 (7412G) and point 195 (9412G).