Don't skip the Warning Signs that suggest an HDD Failure.
If you suspect that your hard drive has failed and you are contacting the Central Technical Support team, please first consider the mandatory information listed below, which must be provided to them.
Possible causes and solution(s)
DIVAR IP all-in-one 5000 (DIP-5244IG-4HD) without the video card:
When accessing the Operator Client from the Kiosk mode, the camera streams displayed on the cameos show a view that does not match the view from Operator Client running from desktop (Under the BVRAdmin account) or Remote Desktop. The scaling seems to be off.
The DIVAR IP all-in-one 5000 (DIP-5244IG-4HD) is the model without the added video card. The production units of the DIP 5k AiO can run Operator Client locally on the DIP5k AIO without the higher end graphics card and display at least 4 1080p cameras @ 15fps as long as the I-frame distance was well over 30.
The units without a graphic card (like DIP-5244IG-4HD) should not run the Operator Client locally; only remote viewing, with the Operator Client running on a Workstation or suitable PC, is recommended. Doing it any other way may produce inconsistent results, see attached pictures.
✓ You can run the Configuration Client from the Kiosk.
✓ If you logon to the desktop with the BVRAdmin account, you can run the Operator Client from the console (desktop) on the unit. On this unit this is only supported for diagnostics/ testing purposes. This falls under the same category as the Remote Access to the unit.
✓ The Central GUI should be used for "configuration and operation management." It does not mention watching videos from the same GUI.
✓ You can attach a single monitor to the AiO, in order to run the Configuration Client from the Kiosk (Management purposes).
⚠️ When using a remote workstation/ computer, to run the BVMS Operator Client remotely, the workstation / computer should meet the hardware and OS (Operating System) requirements for such use.
◦ The hardware and OS (Operating System) requirements can be found in the datasheet of each version of BVMS Operator Client you use. Select the product family from the official Bosch Security and Safety Systems page, go to Downloads area and download the data sheet.
◦ Bosch strongly urges customers to use the driver versions mentioned in the following BVMS Release notes. This ensures that the software can perform its task reliably and the specified performance.
On the units with Graphics Cards you can run both: Operator Client and Configuration Client from the Kiosk and get consistent results, without any changes.
◦ Please also refer to the following Datasheet for the Models with and without Graphic Cards.
The attached .zip file contains a script to check for the credentials to run the script and set the proper scaling on the desktop, for the current user (even for the limited user).
To ensure the highest customer satisfaction and replace the defective hardware faster and more smoothly, it is necessary to register each system for the specific country together with the system location.
But where and why should you register your device?
The purpose of this article is to assist you with the creation of mirrored drive sets in a DIVAR IP all-in-one 5000 Recording Appliance.
This procedure should be performed on new appliances that have not yet been deployed.
⚠️ Before performing this procedure you must aware of the following:
• Performing this procedure on a commissioned system will result in none specific video loss
• Re-imaging the appliance after performing this procedure will result in loss of all data and mirrored sets
• Mirroring must be performed in “Disk Management” and not with the chipset provided in the hardware
• Creating mirrored sets will result in a performance loss of 20%
• All mirrored drives will be converted to “Dynamic Disks” during the mirror creation process
• This process can be performed on a two or four drive units
If one of DIVARs IP 5000 AIO is selected on a user profile, the Operator Client opens the site and works fine. One message is displayed when two or more DIVARs are added into the same Enterprise system.
If you already have a DIP 5000 AIO into your Enterprise system and you want to add additional units but you receive the following message, you can solve this by using the steps below:
"Server of configuration database is already in the server list. Remove either the server that is twice in the list or make sure that the configuration database is not cloned between servers."