The following procedure describes how to restore DIVAR IP 5000 ALL-IN-ONE to the factory default image.
1. Start the unit and press F7 during the BIOS power-on-selftest.
The Recovery menu is displayed.
2. Select one of the following:
– Initial factory setup: restores to factory default image and deletes all data on the HDDs. or
– System Recovery (back to Factory Defaults): restores to factory default image; data on the HDDs will not be deleted.
Note: While the System Recovery option doesn't delete video footage stored on the data HDDs, it still replaces the complete OS (operating system) partition (including VMS settings) with a default configuration.
In order to access existing video footage after recovery, the VMS configuration needs to be exported before System Recovery and re-imported afterwards.
Notice! Do not turn off the unit during the process. This will damage the Recovery media.
3. The unit starts from the Recovery media. If the setup is successful, press OK to restart the system.
4. Windows performs the initial setup of the operating system. The unit restarts after Windows has completed the setup.
5. After the restart of the unit, the factory settings are installed.
6. After the system has reboot, the next step is to change the BVRAdmin password. The default one is WSS4Bosch.
View full article