Bosch Building Technologies

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

What is Azimuth and how it can be displayed on Optical image of MIC IP fusion 9000i thermal cameras?

Question

What is Azimuth and how it can be displayed on Optical image of MIC IP fusion 9000i thermal cameras?

Answer

Usually, the azimuth is used when you want to teach the camera where it is located on the map (Geolocation).

The direction into which the camera looks is described by the azimuth angle.

Azimuth - The pan angle from zero to 359 degrees in one-degree increments.

0 What is Azimuth and how it can be displayed on Optical image of MIC IP fusion 9000i thermal cameras.png

For Bosch thermal cameras, such as MIC IP fusion 9000i, the camera allows users to display the azimuth/ elevation readings and the compass heading in a format such as “180 / -45 S,” where:

– 180 is the Azimuth or the pan location in degrees.

– -45 is the Elevation or the tilt location in degrees.

– S is the compass direction (cardinal or intercardinal).

The camera uses the azimuth to determine the compass direction. The following table shows the azimuth range and its corresponding compass heading:

0.1 What is Azimuth and how it can be displayed on Optical image of MIC IP fusion 9000i thermal cameras.png

The camera uses the Azimuth Zero point, usually set to magnetic North, as the zero degree pan position and as the North compass heading. The camera then displays the azimuth reading and the compass heading based on the number of degrees from the Azimuth Zero point

Display/hide the azimuth/elevation reading:

• Once the Azimuth Zero point was calibrated, you can display/hide the azimuth/elevation reading:

– Use the command AUX ON-95-ENTER to display the azimuth/elevation reading.

– Use the command AUX OFF-95-ENTER to hide the azimuth/elevation reading.

• Another way to display/hide the azimuth/elevation reading is via Configuration Manager.

Go to Camera > PTZ > Change to On the Azimuth option

The Azimuth reading will be displayed on the Optical image.

1What is Azimuth and how it can be displayed on Optical image of MIC IP fusion 9000i thermal cameras.png

⚠️ Important note:

Optical and Thermal image will display both the Azimuth reading OSD but on the Thermal image, the direction of azimuth will not change during PTZ. This will not be updated and will remain on its Home coordinate.

This is an architecture limitation and it is not a bug. Also, the Azimuth/Elevation are not displayed in the Thermal video when AUX ON 95 is on.

It is not possible to keep the position coordinates continuously and accurately updated with the 9 Hz models. Also, this is not supported for the 40 Hz thermal module. 

E.g.:

2 What is Azimuth and how it can be displayed on Optical image of MIC IP fusion 9000i thermal cameras.png

How you can display the azimuth and compass OSD on the Optical image only?

If the Azimuth is ON, Switch it to OFF -> Reboot device -> Switch Azimuth back to ON

Note: If the Azimuth is ON and you will reboot the device with this option ON, the compass will be displayed on the thermal image only.

3 What is Azimuth and how it can be displayed on Optical image of MIC IP fusion 9000i thermal cameras.png

Therefore, please make sure that you will:

1. Start with Azimuth/Coordinate OFF
    2. Switch Azimuth ON > Azimuth only appear in Optical

4 What is Azimuth and how it can be displayed on Optical image of MIC IP fusion 9000i thermal cameras.png

• Reboot the camera:

From Configuration Manager: Go to General > Initialization > Click Reboot device > Yes

5 What is Azimuth and how it can be displayed on Optical image of MIC IP fusion 9000i thermal cameras.png

Version history
    Revision #:
    1 of 1
    Last update:
    ‎08-03-2021 02:05 PM
    Updated by:

Contributors
    Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist