In Cloud-based Monitoring Services (CBS) there are different user roles:
1.1 Adding the Camera to the Security Cloud
To add a Bosch IP camera to the Security Cloud perform the following steps:
1. Unpack the camera, note the MAC address.
2. Mount the camera, connect power supply and network cable.
3. Optional connect input contact (to trigger alarm on input), microphone and loudspeaker.
4. Connect the network cable to a DSL router - make sure the router is connected to the Internet.
5. Open Cloud-based Services Camera Quick Install website (/install), log in as Technician.
6. Type the MAC address and click 'Add to Cloud'.
The device is being commissioned, secured and added to the system, the initial configuration is being applied.
7. Check the live video from the camera; modify the camera orientation if needed.
1.2 Configuring Motion Detection
1. Click 'Open Device Page'
2. In 'Configuration' tab click 'Alarm' and then click 'VCA'.
3. In VCA select 'Profile #1' and click button 'Set'.
4. In Configuration configure the required VCA tasks, then click 'Save'.
5. Close the Device Page.
1.3 Verifying the Trigger from the Camera
To verify the trigger from the camera, e.g. motion or input event, perform the following steps:
1. Open Cloud-based Services Camera Quick Install website (/install), log in as Technician.
2. Type the MAC address and click 'Add to Cloud'.
3. Click "Clear list" to clear the Event Log.
4. Trigger an event (e.g. Motion or Input).
5. Verify the trigger in the camera's Event Log.
2.1 Adding the Camera to a Site
1. Open Cloud-based Services Configuration website (/config), log on as Config Agent.
2. Enter the related Account - or create a new Account for the customer.
3. Enable 'Video Clip Upload' if required. (If video clip upload is disabled, an alarm snapshot is stored).
4. Enter the related Site - or create a new Site.
5. Click '+' button to add the pre-commissioned camera to this Site.
6. Mark the pre-commissioned camera and click 'Add'.
7. Rename the device (camera) and click 'Save Changes'.
8. If trouble warnings should be sent to the Monitoring Center please activate 'Send trouble events to monitoring center' and click 'Save Changes'.
9. Click tab 'Channels' and set a Reference Image.
10. Rename the channel.
11. Select the device on which the microphone and loudspeaker are connected to (Associated Audio Device).
12. Configure Audio Options for the Operator Interface (Investigation Mode):
a. 'Activate Audio Verification' allows the operator to listen to audio from the site.
b. 'Activate Audio Intervention' allows the operator to speak through the loudspeaker into the site.
13. Optional configure Video Options for the Operator Interface (Investigation Mode).
14. Click 'Save Changes'.
2.2 Configuring Motion Detection (if not yet done by the Installer)
1. Open Cloud-based Services Configuration website (/config), log in as Config Agent.
2. Enter the related Account.
3. Enter the related Site.
4. Click 'Open Device Page' for the newly added camera
5. In 'Configuration' tab click 'Alarm' and then click 'VCA'.
6. In Configuration configure the required VCA tasks, then click 'Save'.
7. Close the Device Page.
3.1 Ports used from the customer’s site to Bosch Security Cloud:
3.2 Ports used from the clients to Bosch Security Cloud:
3.3 Domain Names and IP addresses
Outgoing connections usually are not blocked by a router, however in a corporate network with proxy server, firewall, etc. involved, the IT department might open the needed ports.
The following domain names must be reachable from the cameras on customer’s site. DNS needs to be activated so that cameras can connect to the hosts specified below. In case no DNS server is available, column “Destination (IP address)” shows the IP addresses to be used.
* Note that public IP addresses might change, only domain names stay fix!
** Contact tech support for your cloud instance’s domain name and IP address.