How does the Bosch Site Monitor App work?
For staying connected.
Offer your customers push notifications and remote access to live video streams from all their video surveillance-secured sites from any smart phone or tablet, so they can check in any time, from anywhere.
The App is available for Android- and iOS-based devices.
Please follow the document “Cloud VMS Configuration: Set up a Smart Notification service” to configure a mobile user and a Smart Notification service in Cloud-base Services Configuration.
Bosch Site Monitor App supports iOS and Android smart phones and tablets. Supported OS versions see Cloud VMS data sheet.
1. Download Bosch Site Monitor App:
a. For iOS: In Apple App Store search for Bosch Site Monitor.
b. For Android: In Google Play Store search for Bosch Site Monitor.
2. Install the Site Monitor App.
3. Launch the Site Monitor App.
4. Allow notifications for Site Monitor App to receive Smart Notification events.
Enter server address, name and password, which you received with the welcome e-mail to log in Site Monitor app.
The Sites View is displayed after the Site Monitor app is launched.
View live video from the cameras of all allowed Sites of your Account.
1. The Preview displays 3 cameras each of all Sites.
2. Tap 'More >' to display all cameras of the selected Site.
3. Tap a camera image to display a single camera in larger view (streaming video).
4. Tap the
icon to save a snapshot.
5. Turn the mobile device to landscape format to get a larger live video.
6. Tap the camera image to get the camera full-screen view. Use two fingers to digitally zoom into the camera image.
Note: In single camera view and in full-screen camera view, the video quality can be changed from Stream 2 (default) to Stream 1 (higher quality) and to JPG Polling (best quality but slower video) > see chapter 6.
The mobile user can arm/disarm a Site from the app, if allowed in Cloud VMS Configuration.
1. To manually arm a Site, navigate to the related site and switch the slider 'Site armed' to 'ON' > Alarms are processed.
2. To disarm the site for a certain time period and then automatically re-arm the site, switch the slider 'Site armed' to 'OFF' and select the related time period.
3. To permanently disarm the site, switch the slider 'Site armed' to 'OFF' and select Never > Alarms are ignored.
1. Tap the
icon to display the Map View.
2. Easily navigate to the camera of interest with map view.
a. Short tap the site icon to display the cameras of the selected site.
b. Long tap the site icon to move the site in the map.
3. Tap '< Back' to return to Sites View.
icon to display the Events View.
Events are sent to Site Monitor app if the Smart Notification Service is activated for the related user.
1. Tap the event in the list to display the event snapshot, event clip and live video of the related camera.
Unseen events are marked with a colored dot.
2. Tap the
icon to save the event snapshot and event clip.
3. Tap To video analysis link to display the camera in Video Security app.
Note: To install the Video Security app, please follow the article How to install Video Security App from Site Monitor app?
4. Use the event filter to group events (example: display only one event per 5 minutes in the event list)
5. Delete events by wiping the event in the event list to left (iOS),
or taping the
icon in the related event (Android)
To get event notifications on the mobile device, the Smart Notification service needs to be configured in Cloud VMS Configuration.
1. After the Service has been processed, the user gets a push notification:
a. Site Monitor app is in the background:
2. After tapping the Notification or 'Show', the event opens and the user can verify the event on the mobile device.
3. Tap the
icon to save the event snapshot and event clip.
4. Tap To video analysis link to display the camera in Video Security app.
Note: You can get event notifications only if you are logged on Site Monitor app.
To snooze / un-snooze Smart Notifications from the Site Monitor app:
Option 1: Tap the
icon to select the Smart Notification services and wipe the slider to snooze / un-snooze the related service.
Option 2: Snooze the related Smart Notification service underneath the Live View in the event.
Note: When a Smart Notification Service is snoozed,
unless the service is un-snoozed again.
In Sites View, tap
icon to display the Information View.
In the Information View, you can change your password, select the video quality, contact support, display Privacy Statement, Imprint and app version, and you can logoff the app.
Site Monitor App provides the capability to display a different App icon and the icons in the app with different key color.
This feature is available for dedicated Cloud VMS instances only and needs to be requested. Please contact your local sales representative.
Example: Customer "Your company", key color: red
Icons, text and switches in the app in key color: